Now I have to be honest here I was not thrilled to do this in the least. I'm not a big fan of camping with crowds. Spending that much time with some of these boys DID not sound fun and my husband said he would go but would not be spending the entire time out there. Also other things happened such as last minute wacky car making because people dropped the ball and people that signed up deciding not to go, that was money down the drain. So needless to say I wasn't crazy about going by Friday night.
However we loaded up and got there about 7 p.m. We got the tents up and the opening ceremony started at 7:30 complete with skits, Flag Ceremony, National Anthem music, and fireworks which the boys thought were awesome. (Martin had the biggest smile on his face.)
I don't think we got a lot of sleep that night and the next morning came a little to soon starting at 6 a.m. but we got up and got going anyway.

After what could have been one of the worst breakfasts in my history the boys began there stations. There were 8 in total and after 5 of them we took a break for lunch. Being that I had already met my quota of hot dogs for the year I wasn't crazy about having another but when your that hungry guess it doesn't matter. Then the boys had there last 3 stations.
Scott helping Preston learn to sharpen a knife.
Boys made rockets and then launched them from air compressed PVC pipe.
Martin Swapp, Preston Gifford, Ethan Ward, Trevor Marx
At the end of the last station was the "Wacky Car race". This was the part the boys had waited all day for. We ended up taking 4th out of about 15 cars. Thanks to Brother Marx for stepping up to the plate and getting us a wacky car made. We wouldn't have had near as much fun without that part of the day to top it off. The boys also won for having the "Safest Car".
Our "wacky car"
Some of the others.
Minus the food the trip ended up being a lot of fun and the boys had a great time. I would probably do it again if I had to, just for the boys..
Of course if this wasn't enough for a weekend we then loaded up and went to Cedar Mtn. again so that we could get the deer. Thanks to Russ and Marlo all this craziness was possible. Scott and Russ went on their first mountain bike ride while they waited for me and Marlo and the boys to get there. Scott had a great time and is looking forward to the next ride.





4 comments:
You are a good sport!
A very good sport! =0)
I'm crackin' up here. glad you made it through the weekend and next time you visit i will make sure to make your FAVORITE meal.... HOT DOGS!!! ;)
Hey Martin Good Job what FUN!!!! Gran. Addieocchem
Post a Comment