Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20, 1997

The day Dana Monica Swapp was born. It was actually on a Thursday and I had been in the hospital most of the night. Although not with any contractions that I could feel. I had went in and found out I was dilated to 4 and so they decided to keep me. Around 9 the next morning I was at a 7 but my water hadn't broke yet so they decided it was time. 4 1/2 hours later at 1:36 p.m. out she came. She weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 20 inches long.
She had enough dark hair to cover her head so I was happy with that. And I will never forget the first time I heard her cry. She was actually down at the nurses station. I told my mom that I knew it was her so my mom went to check and came back saying that it was. She had the loudest set of pipes for the longest time. (Now you barely hear them if you aren't within the walls of our home.)
Dana was the best baby anyone could have asked for. Especially being the first. She slept through the night the first day we were home.
Going to bed around 9 and not waking up till about 6. She continued with that pattern unless she was teething or sick and then it was usually only 1 time some where in the night.
She was a very good eater. Always in the top percent for her weight and height. Some said she looked like the Gerber baby which I kind of agree with but that's cause I'm the mom. :)


And now she's 12.
She is still a good kid. She is growing like a weed. With a recent trip to the Doctor revealing that she is now 95 lbs. and 5'1 1/2". The inch and a half only since September. At this rate in one year she will be as tall as me and then I'm sure eventually pass me. (Every child's dream.) We are so happy to have her in this family. So here is a little blast from the past up to now. Happy Birthday Dana. We Love YOU.

4 comments:

jamie said...

great post monica, and happy 12th dana, we love you!

The Milletts said...

So cute!!!!! She sure has grown up huh!! HAPPY Birthday Dana!

The Chidesters said...

I feel so special my picture with Dana made the cut! It is funny, that was the same pictures Pete and I came acrossed a few weeks ago. She DID look like the Gerber baby but now she is a young woman! Good luck with the cooking, I think we'll pass off a night or two in the future to our kids. Jesse would do it now if we let him; however, we'd probably have mac and cheese every night if it was left to him.

dennisandsong said...

She was so cute accepting her advancement certificate in church!! So fun!! I like the pics. of you too!!