Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dana's first go at cooking.

So last week probably about Tuesday Dana announced that she and Martin would be cooking Friday night. I said ok with out much thought and waited till the day came around. On Friday I asked her what she was cooking and she said chicken. Well then I began to wonder. But I told her where the chicken was and that it needed to thaw out a little.
So around 4:30-5 she starts. She kept saying don't come in the kitchen. This was to be our Valentine dinner early. Since we were leaving for California the next morning. So then a bit later the lights get turned off and she lights "1" little candle on the table. I'm thinking, ok now how will I tell if its pink or not. But I just sat in the living room and waited.
Then Scott got home and I'm thinking ok maybe she will let him come and help. Just to make sure its getting done the right way. Nope he wasn't allowed to help either. Then she asks about veggies so I told her we had some in the freezer. Then she says ok come and sit down. Scott and I took our place at the table. Where we were served broccoli and chicken with water and juice to drink.
It was amazing it tasted so good. She had used real lemon on the chicken to give it flavor put just the right amount of other seasonings on. (My mouth is actually watering at the moment just thinking about it.) Anyway she did excellant. Martin turned on some music and did a little entertaining. It was really a fun night.
So from now on Dana gets to cook on Friday nights. Once we told her she was already thinking of what she wanted to prepare. Look out Wolfgang!! Here comes Miss Dana.

4 comments:

Trina said...

I get it now - that's why people have kids. What a sweet thing for her to do and I must say you and Scott were very brave.

Hollie said...

Hey! She needs to teach Morgan how to cook dinner! What sweet kids:)

The Milletts said...

That is awesome!!! We need to come down more then maybe our kids would think like that!! See there are little payoffs throughout our kids lives that make it worth not killing them when they are little!! Luv YA

jamie said...

LOL trina, you better get started :)

WTG dana and martin too. i guess i will have to wait a few more years for that since i dont think kyle would do anything of the sort.