Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Hawaii....

So I'm bad about getting these posts up but there was more of Hawaii I wanted to post so here are the rest of the pics.
This is at Hanauma Bay- One of the best bays to snorkel at because of the location and the natural coral reef that brings in all sorts of ocean life.  So of course Scott being who he is we definitely had to hit this beach at least once.  It was really packed as you can see from the picture below but it was an experience not to be missed.
We were told we had to eat the shrimp.  These little trucks are set up all around the island so one day we finally decided we would stop.  A little pricey but they were really good and BIG!
The day before we left we decided to go to Waimea Valley.  We had drove past this turn off all week long and I had really been wanting to go there but we just couldn't fit it in.  "Supposedly" they have this awesome waterfall which was what I really wanted to see.  I say "supposedly" because we never got to see it.  The day we finally choose to go and they were filming a movie and wouldn't let anyone go to the actual waterfall.  I was a little upset needless to say and managed to get half of our money back.  (Of course you have to pay, nothing is free in Hawaii.)  But it was a pretty hike starting with one of the tallest trees ever.
Thought this curtain of leaves was cool.
There are chickens EVERYWHERE in Hawaii so we just figured we would get them in a photo.
I was being a goof and dancing and singing like I was in "The Sound of Music".  Scott had to note it on camera.
Hercules, Hercules, Hercules!!
Waiting to get on the airplane to go home.

No comments: