Thursday, February 11, 2010

Juggling

Well this last week and a half has been crazy. I started work for the Census Bureau and it seems I haven't figured out how to juggle. Scott and I have been trying to get a bit of a schedule worked out with the kids helping and things. So far its not been a success. Unfortunately next week I am full time. So I hope the kids can start pulling there weight a little cause Mom is going to freak otherwise.
On another note, we also signed both kids up for base/softball. So it should be fun to see that thrown into the juggle. Let's see... work, practice, cub scouts, Young Women's, cleaning house, homework, piano lessons, family time, dinner, work out, grocery shopping, oh boy. I wonder what will all get done. Should make time fly and mom and dad tired.

4 comments:

jamie said...

nice, what were you thinking signing them up for ball teams??? I'm sure you'll figure something out.. right?! go team go!

jgirl said...

I can totally feel your pain Monica...three kids several clubs and activities, Mom and Lee work full time and run kids constantly the rest of the time. It'll just get worse for me as I will soon have an entire house full of teenagers (yikes!) , assign the kids chores and tasks and lower your expectations if necessary and (I know that is totally not easy!) you'll get it. Don't sweat it if the house isn't spotless and you are just spending your down time with your fam. I have been a working (and single Mom) for a long time...it's a lot of work, but worth it for sure!=0)

The Chidesters said...

I'm sure things will iron out over time. Try to do you shopping in bulk so you only have to go to the store once every two weeks. I am also joining the work force part time! I've been offered a job for the Small Business Developement Center at EAC. I've got to go in this week to work out the details and officially accept the job.

dennisandsong said...

Sounds crazy! Good luck! Call if you need an ear!