Thursday, January 28, 2010

A personal yet shared post

Note: Just a personal vent not intended for any crappy opinions that will make me feel worse.

Well we have had yet another derby race in Cub Scouts. This year was no different than any other. The boys talked louder than I could. Martin got upset cause he didn't win. I was nervous as all could be. Dana had Young Women's and Scott wandered around without taking many pictures to capture the excitement or the red eyes (Martin).
I have realized through all of the kayos (not sure on the spelling) that once its done I feel like it should be my last. I feel like I have no excitement left for it. Like I cant enjoy it the way I would if I were there only as a spectator. I love giving the boys the awards but trying to get everyone quiet enough for them to even hear. Well that's an entirely different matter. I know kids are kids but I think I am so aggravated by the loudness that it starts to show and when you have a calling that is supposed to be fun and exciting and you feel like all you are is grumpy and frustrated I'm sure it shows.
Please Lord if you understand know that I'm ready for something different, ready to try a new shoe on. I NEED IT!!
Oh and just to note, Martin came in 7th out of 13. Unfortunately it will be his last year and he had yet to even get in the top 3 ever. Hence the disappointment and red eyes. He doesn't do losing very well.

2 comments:

Jamiecrafts said...

Heavenly Father always knows what we can take, go talk to your bishop, tell him you are burnt out! It's not like your not serving in other places right now anyway. ;)

The Chidesters said...

Sorry you are so frustrated with the derby...no fun. I hope things get better!