So this year as usual spring break falls before the weekend of Easter. We have still been working on my parents house in Marysvale and since Scott wanted to get some more work done we took off Tuesday night. I wanted the kids to have a little fun for their break so we surprised them with a stay that night in St. George. I had packed their swim suits and so we went swimming, got some dinner at Dana's favorite place, Arby's, and then topped it off with some yummy Nielson's Frozen Custard. We also had the chance to go visit Great Grandpa Swapp. He is staying in a nursing facility there. And then we attempted to visit my Uncle Dee who happened to be in the hospital but he was still in surgery. He is home and doing well now.
The next morning we got up and found a yummy little place called Bear Paw Cafe to eat breakfast at. I wish I had taken a picture of Martin's because it looked and tasted super yummy. He got a Blueberry waffle but it wasn't your typical. It had blueberries IN it and on it. Anyone who knows Scott knows he is a man of blueberries but he went with something different this time. I think he regretted it after tasting Martin's but his was still good. He got stuffed french toast that had creme brulee inside. Mmmm good! Mine was the typical eggs and toast and Dana had a waffle with strawberries on the side.
After eating we hopped in the car to head to Marysvale. Once we got there it was right to work for Scott. I attempted to help but the stuff he and my dad were working on was kind of a one man job. So I got out of the way, THAT day. The next few I spent putting up drywall, measuring, putting up corner bead, cooking and cleaning. Scott managed to get a chimney taken out, a shower installed, lots of drywall, and made the entry for one of the hallways taller. It was a very prosperous trip. However we didn't take any pictures of our work. O'well so it goes.
Saturday, I wanted to have a little Easter egg hunt for the kids. I know they are older but who doesn't have fun finding candy and money? Plus it was a nice break from working. The kids had a great time looking for hidden eggs all over Aunt Lola's back yard. It was funny to see them walk right by them and not until a little game of hot and cold was played did they find them.
Easter Sunday the kids got their baskets, Scott finished a little work, My mom, Dana, and I went to Sacrament and then we loaded up to head home. It was a good time.
Just had to throw these pictures in to. One of the nights we were up there was not a very good one. Needless to say there was a lot of crying going on. Everyone was laughing by the time we went to bed but the next morning the eyes were a little puffy. Dana said something about it so I told her to put cucumbers on her eyes. Martin followed suit with a green pepper and tomato. Goof balls. Gotta love em!
1 year ago





2 comments:
Sounds like you had fun in good ol' St. George! BTW the Bear Paw cafe is right next door to Lee's building (the future Rock on Main Medley)on the left side. ;0D
Had a very good time!!!! Thanks for all the Hard Work!!! The House is going to be Very Nice when we get it Done!!!
Love Mom and Dad
Post a Comment