Scott and Martin loaded up Friday night after Martin's baseball game with all they needed to sleep in the back of the Yukon and hike in the desert the following morning. The smile on Martin's face was seriously priceless. I wish we had snapped a picture of that. He was so excited to go "camping" with his dad and sleep in the car. Scott said it would've been a little better if he were a little shorter but everything went ok. Saturday morning they got up to go on a 5 mile hike. They saw a Sidewinder Rattle snake and horned toad and Scott got some really great pics.
This is Trevor Marx flexing, Ethan Ward sitting and Martin behind.
As the journey begins...
Martin with the Horn-toad.
Time for a group huddle I guess. ;) Or maybe a little learning lesson on the toad.
This is the snake, Scott said it was no bigger than a chocolate chip cookie.
Strike a pose.
This looks really cool. Martin peeking out. Heeellloo. Heeellllooo.
The bigger shot of it all.
Ooooohhhh. Strike another pose.
Are they really supposed to be up that high?? A few of the boys, Martin's not up there.
Don't slip cause you wont stop rolling for awhile.
So while the boys were off having their fun, Dana and I decided we would go have ours. Marlo had decided she was going to Kingman for the night and had asked if we wanted to go. I said sure and we loaded up and left around 11 on Saturday. Got to Jamie's around 1 (she was home alone) and decided to just get to having some fun. We found several clothing stores to play in and even managed to spend some money. (Kingman's not got a lot.) Then we hit Chilli's for a yummy treat and then headed over to Marlo's sister, Bonnie's house for Jamie to get her hair trimmed. Then we had to eat dinner and found this cool new little cafe, The Hot Rod Cafe. We had grilled ham-n-cheese and shared an old fashioned choc. shake. Once we were done there we went and checked out Bonnie's new house. Or maybe I should say mansion, it was big. Once we were done with that we headed home to chill and watch "The Switch". It was great spending time with my daughter and sister. Love these 2 so much and I feel grateful to have any opportunity to spend time with them. If only my mom would've been there and Jamie's girls it would have been complete. Then we headed home Sunday afternoon. It was a great weekend for all of us. But since Scott had the camera for the camp-out I have no pictures of my events. O'well.
1 year ago





1 comment:
glad scott and martin had a good time. I can just picture scott crumpled up in the back of the yukon, makes me laugh :) and thanks for coming over too. love you!
Post a Comment