Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Trip to Kingman

Well this last weekend was a 4 day for my kids.  So we loaded up Thursday and took off to hang out with the Schoppmann clan, there were lots of activities lined up at their house to be a part of.  On the way we had the opportunity to cross the new bridge for the Hoover Dam which was very cool.  (Hopefully once all road construction is done it will make it even more of a speedy trip to Kingman.)

Once we got to Jamie's house the fun began.  This day happened to also be Kyle's 13th birthday.  So for fun I had this idea that every so often I would give him money if he did something nice for someone and then tell him happy birthday.  I also allowed my kids to help out.  Throughout the afternoon one of us would say something like, Kyle I have something for you but you have to give 5 hugs to different people for it.  He would do it and then get a $5 or $1 for the deed.  It was a lot of fun and I hope he enjoyed the time and money. 
We also decided that it would be fun to make cinnamon rolls so after a quick trip to the store and dinner with birthday cake we got started.  They took a good 3 hours but they were very yummy.  I look forward to things like this to do with family.

Friday came and there would be lots of family coming.  The first to arrive was Eric and Mariah with there 2 kids.  By evening a lot of the Schoppmann's were there and so was mom, dad, Alan, and Coltin.  Justus was getting baptised on Saturday so we all came to be a part of his wonderful day.  We all ate a delicious spaghetti dinner complete with homemade spaghetti sauce from Jamie that day and then just talked or played or relaxed.

Saturday started early as you can imagine.  We all got to the church on time though.  Justus' baptism was very beautiful with great talks and music that brought tears to my eyes.  Then we headed back to Jamie's for lunch, changed, and ran back out the door again for soccer games.  Justus and Emma both play and would be having their last games of the season this day.  It was a lot of fun to watch, just wish it wasn't so cold and windy.   They both did great!!

Sunday was supposed to be a nice quiet day.  However Dana dropped a bomb on me about 3 hours before we were going to leave and said she needed all theses things for her school assignment, DUE the next day.  So with my sisters help we got on the ball and made hard candy, and cake balls.  I know weird but my daughter had read the "Candy Shop Wars" and needed items for her assignment describing it.  Anyway when the 3 hours were over we were all exhausted and I had to drive home.  I made it safely only to find out on Monday that she forgot that it wasn't due till NEXT Monday.  So the story goes.  At least it wasn't a week late.

So here are a few pics of the weekend.














1 comment:

Jamiecrafts said...

glad you came over AND had fun AND came over :) yes Sunday wad probably THE MOST stressful of the whole weekend, that's what we get for having kids huh?! love you sister, I'm so glad that you support my kids in the things they do.