Scott decided that since it was opening morning we would let him live to see what the next couple of days would provide. Thursday again we got up dark and early. This time traveling up to Junction and all over that mtn. down in to Beaver then traveling North on I-15 near the Fort and traveling on a road that really seemed to be taking us nowhere quick. In the end we did end up in some really good areas but didn't have any luck. And when I say no luck I MEAN we didn't see any four legged animals until we were back into a town and they were standing in the alfalfa fields at dusk. The worst thing about it was those deer happened to be pretty dang nice.
Now we are to Friday. The kids were pretty much done with riding around all day in a vehicle and since my mom had arrived the night before we decided to stay and just let the men go. Of course wouldn't that be the way it goes. The kids and I hang back and Scott shoots a deer. So here he is with the head for the year. He is a 2X3. Biggest one he has gotten in about 10 years so we were happy. And the meat is oh so yummy. Plenty of it for awhile.





1 comment:
totally RAD! mine's bigger then yours ha ha
Post a Comment