Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Womens Conference

Me - It rained and snowed most of the time we were there.
Jenny, Emily, Louise, Karen, Bonnie, Marlo, Kim, Monica

A foot from all of us

So I'm a little behind on my posts. April 28 - May 1 was my chance once again to go up to Provo with Marlo and her family for Women's Conference. Once again it was a great experience. Thursday and Friday were so fun and exciting that they were seriously over in a flash. We attended some great classes. One on laughter and how its needed to get through the ruff times or any time for that matter. I learned that as a kid you laugh at least 300 times a day but as adults its only like 20-30. Another was about always being positive which was really good. 2 women spoke about their lives and how staying positive despite many trials has helped them get to where they are now.

After Friday's classes we went to the motel and went swimming. That was a lot of fun and a chance for us to all just let loose and relax and have fun. (We were trying to get our 300 laughs in for the day.) Saturday we got up and headed to Temple Square. I haven't been there since I was a teenager and it was very exciting to be there again. Around 4 we finally loaded the car and headed for home. I look forward to the next year when hopefully my sister and maybe a friend can join us in the fun.

The tabernacle

Despite the smile this was an emotional painting.

Me and Marlo strolling in the rain

Inside the new Conference center

On top of Conference Center Salt Lake Temple behind me

2 comments:

jgirl said...

looks like you had a great time! ;0)

Jamiecrafts said...

WOW, glad you had fun maybe someday, I will be able to go...
love that picture of you reaching towards Heavenly Father