Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Living Museum


For School last Wednesday Dana had to take part in a living museum. Each child had to pick a person that has had a world impact. Dana chose Jane Addams a woman that helped cure typhoid and helped with women's rights. We had to dress her up so that she resembled this woman which was a little hard to do, but once everything came together I think she did and looked great. Then once she got to the school she had a little speech prepared that she had to repeat to people as they came around to listen.

This was a little clip from hers:
I graduated Rockford Female Seminary in 1881 and became a garbage inspector. I helped cure typhoid and never got it.....I started Hull House a place where democracy is discussed. I also helped start the women's peace party and rights for women even before the women's suffrage came into play. I died in my sleep from cancer on May 21, 1935.....One of my famous quotes was, "Get up and do something, go change the world." After my death in 1935 I won the Noble Peace Prize in 1937.




3 comments:

dennisandsong said...

She looks great, what a fun project!!

Anonymous said...

Dana you look so good.. I love the look..
Great Job!! Gr. Addie

jamie said...

WOW Dana there is a scary resemblance there. Nice job!