Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm almost fast. ;)

Well I just wanted to write a little post to brag about myself. I have been running for a little over 2 years now and it takes a lot. I have ran some 5K's a 10K and have decided that although I can do it I don't always like to. So this year has been off and on. Lately I have only been running about 3 miles once a week and then 3 other days I work out with some ladies at a park nearby doing cardio and strength mixed. This last Wednesday we switched it up a little and went to the high school since school was out. We jogged there from the park and then upon getting there ran a timed mile around the track. I did this in 8 min. 45 sec. I believe this to be my personal best. So that's what I'm bragging about. It felt really great to know that even though I haven't been regular in running I have been doing enough to shorten my time for this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy you are getting so good at this.. I am so Glad it's you!!! Not me!!! Love Mom

dennisandsong said...

You are better than you think. I am sad I slept in instead of doing the work-out. I'll have to go for sure next time!!

The Chidesters said...

You are an inspiration, Monica! The last time I "ran" it was after a kid with no pants on. You go girl!

jamie said...

LOL Charmaine, that's pretty funny sounds alot like me too! ;) WTG monica, the last time i ran that fast was down the candy isle, screaming after the kid with the last bag of peanut butter M&M's :) hee hee
*just as a side note here my STUPID blogger wont update to tell me you have updated, it still has the highlands 5k as the last post :(

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed!! Good on you to be exercising so much. On another note it is so crazy how much Dana looks like you. Bet you get that all the time. D