Friday, July 29, 2011

Martin's 1st time for Scout camp

Martin is 12 now so that means he is in the Young Men's program. Just like the girls the boys also go to camp but they go for Scouts. To have fun but also to earn Merit Badges to work their way up to getting the Eagle Scout award. This year camp was to be at Fiesta Island in California July 16-23. Its "the" place for scout camp and yes for an entire week. I was definitely having a hard time with this one. First its my boy, second I don't know the leaders really well to say oh he'll be ok, and third this was his first trip away from family without going to other family. YES I will say I definitely had a freak out week. But Martin on the other hand and a GREAT time!! He got to Kayak, swim, sail a sailboat, eat all the food he wanted, see the fireworks Sea World shoots off from the kayak, earn 5 merit badges, and plenty more. Here are some pictures from his trip....











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy Martin Looks Like he had FUN He Love's the Water!!! Love Gr. Addie

jamie said...

I'm not sure that hanging out at the beach qualify's as camping ;)