Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Martin's 12th Birthday

Martin celebrated his 12th birthday this past weekend which was filled with a lot.  First about the cake.  Dana and I started taking a cake class and so we were to make cakes and bring them to class.  Since this was the Thursday before Martin's birthday I let him choose what he wanted me to put on the cake.  Keep in mind its my first detailed cake.  I think it turned out pretty good and more importantly Martin LOVED it.  Dana made one with Pikachu on it.  Turned out great as well unfortunately hers only got pictures of with a phone.  Anyway Martin wanted to eat the cake on Friday and since it was his cake I said ok.  But first we have to at least have some candles and an opportunity to blow them out.  So here he is.....

Another view of the cake.  Martin thought it was very important to have a high score of "12".

Saturday Grandma and Grandpa Willden arrived and then we loaded up with Martin's friend Alexis and went for lunch and a movie.  Here he is blowing out the candle on his Pazookie.  After we went and watched "Rango" Sheriff Rango. ;)

He had a great day and to top it off we went to a vintage candy store were his eyes where as big as baseballs and of course Grandpa had to spend money on him.
Sunday was his official birthday. We got up went to church and then during the 3rd hour Martin received the Aaronic Priesthood. It was very special to me and I was really grateful for those that were there. I had asked Bishop Banks to be the one to give him the Priesthood and he did a very beautiful job. Also our friends the Gifford's were able to be there and of course Grandma and Grandpa.  Martin is most excited about being able to pass the sacrament now.  After church we all had a yummy pork chop lunch and topped it off with more cake.

4 comments:

jgirl said...

WTG Martin! I can't believe my Drake will be 12 in a couple of weeks too....it's crazy! ;0D

Anonymous said...

We had a Very Good Time with you Martin and your Family!! Hope you have many More Great B-Days to Come!!! OOO we Loved the Movie, and Congts. on the PRIESTHOOD!!!
Wooopy.. Love YOU
Gr. Sam & Gr. Addie

Maynor Moments said...

WOW that cake is awesome!

jamie said...

i love the cake, you did a great job on it monica. happy birthday to martin, sheesh how time flies