1 year ago
Monday, August 30, 2010
1st Day of School year 2010-11
Well this day marked the beginning and end of an era of sorts. Today Martin started his first day of 6th grade. No longer a little boy in elementary. He will soon be "hanging out" with the boys, having "girlfriends" (well ok lets wait on this one awhile), but also making decisions that will test him to the limit. Also today, Dana started the first day of her last year of middle school. She is officially as tall as me now, growing into a beautiful young woman, and she too will be making decisions. Some big, that will test her but also will start paving her future and some small, that will define her more as a person. I can't believe how my babies are growing. I get excited and sad at the same time. Sad that they no longer need my hand to cross the street but excited to see the direction they are going. Oh how the time flies. I love them so much and I hope they know that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Kids grow up way to fast!! They are both so cute!
they will continue to grow...no matter how much we beg them not to...sigh...I can't believe how big they are! ;0)
It is hard to believe your kids are getting so big!!! Sometimes it takes my breath away and makes my heart flutter to think how fast time flys by. I just wish I could slow it all down and savor the here and now a little more often. Cute kids, you are doing a great job raising them!
I dont know what you all are talking about... i wish my kids would move out already! (i'm sure I'll regret that someday)
Wow...girls camp looks like a ton of fun! I know I love having my little kids be...well...little. But reading all the things you can do with older kids makes me look forward to those years, too. Although, I'm in no rush to get there!
Post a Comment