Tuesday, July 20, 2010

YW Girls Camp July 10-17

So this summer I got the opportunity to go to Young Women's Camp because I was called as an Asst. Stake Camp Director. It was SOOO much fun! But being that I was going with stake meant I had to leave on the Saturday before the girls came up to get things ready. Dana would be coming up but not until Tuesday. This was a little difficult because I had to make sure she had what she needed before I left. Plus we had to get Martin taken care of since no one would be home with him while Scott was at work. He's a big boy but not that big yet. My sister graciously accepted the opportunity to have him come and hang with her kids and I think that worked out because then they met up with Scott for another opportunity to go on the lake. Anyway this post will be mostly of my 3 days prior to Dana coming. The next post will be pictures while Dana was there.
These were the awesome ladies I spent most of my time with.  Marrae Brunner, Diane Banks, Sherri Cahoon, Debbie Gillespie, me, and Karla Busby.
This was on Sunday we had a really awesome sacrament meeting and then we got more things ready for the girls.  Me, Marrae, Diane, and in back Mary Whipple.
We spent a few evenings playing Rook.  Lots of fun.  This is Gary and Luke Justice, Marrae, and Diane.
Monday morning we got to go with the Stake President for a little ride and see some mountain side.  It was really beautiful and fun to relax before the storm of girls. 
This was just a cool old truck. 

If you click on this picture and enlarge it you might be able to see that there are 4 different drops the water makes. 
This was the start of the water falling.  Diane, me, Pres. Jarvis 
Lt. to bottom-Luke, Mary, Diane
Mid.-Sherri, Debbie
Rt. to bottom-Gary, Pres. Jarvis, Marrae 
Monday the YCL(youth camp leader) girls showed up so Tuesday morning before the rest came we all went on the canoes.  This was my first time and I was a little hesitant with the girls rowing.  We came back drenched because of the other leaders.  The girls couldn't row fast enough.  But it was still a blast. 

2 comments:

jgirl said...

Looks like a whole lot more fun then we ever had at girl's camp!

The Chidesters said...

Wow...you really have been busy....but having lots of fun it appears. I'll give you a call soon so we can catch up!