Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 09

This year for Thanksgiving we went to my sisters' house in Kingman. It was a really great time we ate, shopped, hunted, relaxed, played rock band on wii, visited, slept, and played soccer. Jamie and I also made our first turkey alone. We have done it before individually to help someone but never on our own. After a few tips from friends and no husbands around to help, we got started. Four hours later we were done. I have to say it was the best turkey I think I have ever had. Cant wait to do it again.
Scott and James went hunting quail while we cooked. I think they had one of there best days as well, since they brought home around 30 birds. They also got to see a few javelina (spelled wrong probably). Scott got a little close and ruffled their hair a little but didn't get charged.
Friday Jamie and I went shopping. First time for a black Friday for me. It was amazing got some pretty good deals and I am happy to say I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping because of it.
On Saturday the boys all went hunting again and the girls made some cards, did hair, and ate left over pie. YUM! That night we headed for home. With what should have only taken 2 hours ended up taking almost 6. Shouldn't have tried to go over the bridge. But we did see some big Rams. All in all we had a good time. Thanks Jamie for letting us come and enjoy some time with your family.
Sorry the pics are out of order. Didn't want to mess things up with trying to rearrange them.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you have almost all your shopping done. I haven't even started. D

Jamiecrafts said...

it was fun, glad you came over :) you should do it more often

The Milletts said...

Looks like you all had fun!! That is a cute pic of James and Jamie! I am sooo proud of you making a turkey all by yourselves!!! And who was that wonderful friend that gave such good TIPS?